J4 banksticks and IIC module

Echopraxia

Newb question. I want to have 8 banksticks and two iic modules for extra midi out for my MBSEQ v3.2. I read somewhere that a total of 8 "things" can be connected on the IIC bus. Can I hook up all these components to j4 of the core without malfunction. Should I invest in mike's bankstick pcb aswell for a simplified setup? Sorry if this post is'nt in the right place.

Newb question. I want to have 8 banksticks and two iic modules for extra midi out for my MBSEQ v3.2. I read somewhere that a total of 8 "things" can be connected on the IIC bus. Can I hook up all these components to j4 of the core without malfunction. Should I invest in mike's bankstick pcb aswell for a simplified setup? Sorry if this post is'nt in the right place.

Hi echo,

If I'm not wrong you can attach up to 8 BankSticks and up to 4 IIC MIDI into the J4 bus. Just pay attention to the extra wire (RI) for the MIDI modules only.

I'd recommend you Mike's PCB if you don't have enough patience with a protoboard.

Greetings, RAZ

• 1 month later...