Midi controlled power switch........

Drkovorkian

Awroight, i eint really done anything like this befor, i know midi and max and stuff like that but i was wondering if it was feasable (as a first project) to mod a 4-way (power splitter thing) to be midi controlled?? Baisically so i can switch 4 things on and off from my computer, simple right?  If anyone with a bit of experience could give me some advice that would be awsome.... thanks ...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, that's no problem.

I don't know your experience with electronics and mains power, you just write you have never done something like this.

I'm telling you: JUST BE CAREFUL!!! ... and let it be if you don't know exactly what you're doing. This is not just like "hot rodding" your hair dryer.

Greets, Roger

I've pondered something like this shortly after I saw the beer advert that showed Christmas lights flashing in time with Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  I'd start with incandescent lights powered by a couple D-cells.  Use DOUT outputs to trip relays to turn on the lights.  But, aren't DOUT output lines pulsed?  That may cause trouble with the relay.  In that case, adding a latch before the relay may be helpful.  Would someone who knows more about DOUT please help me out?

But, aren't DOUT output lines pulsed?  That may cause trouble with the relay.  In that case, adding a latch before the relay may be helpful.  Would someone who knows more about DOUT please help me out?

... if it really is a problem, put a capacitor over it. (value: trial & error with a KO) Might be that the inertia of the relay is high enough.

Greets, Roger