Error at programming time

Guest jprobbe

Guest jprobbe

Hi there,

I assembled a JDM but I get an error when I try to write to it...

As indicated I check the voltage and I get a 13.3V for programming... I guess because of the two zener (5.1 + 8.2)

On the JDM page it says I should get a 13.7V

decreasing the I/O delay to 1 gives me 13.3 so ...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Guest jprobbe

Hi there,

I assembled a JDM but I get an error when I try to write to it...

As indicated I check the voltage and I get a 13.3V for programming... I guess because of the two zener (5.1 + 8.2)

On the JDM page it says I should get a 13.7V

decreasing the I/O delay to 1 gives me 13.3 so ...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Guest Kazz

i had the same error whith my very very old k6 200mhz

(that i use for test ) After lot of monkey test.. it's works

whith the i/o increase to 17 but don't know why...

Guest Kazz

i had the same error whith my very very old k6 200mhz

(that i use for test ) After lot of monkey test.. it's works

whith the i/o increase to 17 but don't know why...

hi jprobbe!

i had the same problems/error-code by first testing my self-assembled jdm. first you should check if you assembled the jdm properly... important, if you did the same mistake than me, check the voltages for "enable clock" and "data out" like described on the jdm-page. it took me some minutes to find the error (reading pic was possible, only programming and verifying failed)... i had a short-circuit at pin 39/40 of the pic.

after i removed the error and followed the instructions on the jdm-page step-by-step everything worked well.

greetz,

icam

hi jprobbe!

i had the same problems/error-code by first testing my self-assembled jdm. first you should check if you assembled the jdm properly... important, if you did the same mistake than me, check the voltages for "enable clock" and "data out" like described on the jdm-page. it took me some minutes to find the error (reading pic was possible, only programming and verifying failed)... i had a short-circuit at pin 39/40 of the pic.

after i removed the error and followed the instructions on the jdm-page step-by-step everything worked well.

greetz,

icam

Hi,

I just've got a very interesting mail from josemym@wanadoo.es - he wrote, that he was able to get the JDM running under Windows XP after he set the baudrate of the COM port to 2400 in the system setup window. Maybe this has also to be done under Win2k. Under Win ME I noticed no difference

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

I just've got a very interesting mail from josemym@wanadoo.es - he wrote, that he was able to get the JDM running under Windows XP after he set the baudrate of the COM port to 2400 in the system setup window. Maybe this has also to be done under Win2k. Under Win ME I noticed no difference

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest jprobbe

Thorsten,

I tried to change the baud rate of the com port but had no success.

As I had doubt about the quality of my vector board prototype, I made a new JDM module on a PCB :

Same result. ???

Tried this morning at work on a real PC ( not a laptop like at home ) and it works great on W2K. :D

dunno if it's relying on the serial port or any Windows Service Pack. I guell I'll never now. One advise I can give is if it's not working after several tries on a comp, try another one  ;D

Now I'm happy with my PIC full of bootstrap loader code.

Cheers !

Guest jprobbe

Thorsten,

I tried to change the baud rate of the com port but had no success.

As I had doubt about the quality of my vector board prototype, I made a new JDM module on a PCB :

Same result. ???

Tried this morning at work on a real PC ( not a laptop like at home ) and it works great on W2K. :D

dunno if it's relying on the serial port or any Windows Service Pack. I guell I'll never now. One advise I can give is if it's not working after several tries on a comp, try another one  ;D

Now I'm happy with my PIC full of bootstrap loader code.

Cheers !

Hi All,

The RS-232 standard states that -3 volts to -25 volts is a logic 1, and +3 volts to +25 volts is a logic 0. The -3 volt to +3 volt region is a "transition region" and a logic state is not assigned. Most computers supply -12 volt and +12 volt output, but some laptops only use around 4 to 5 volts + and - and this is not enough to drive some equipment. I have seen the same problem with some modems connected to a laptop serial port. Sometimes they worked, sometimes not, and sometimes just marginal communications. That's probably why your programmer worked on the PC and not the laptop.

Later,

Mickey