MSQ-700

DrBunsen

Actually yeah you're right, DOH!! I thought it was the earlier on (MSQ80 perhaps?). Either way, it's still pretty cool if only for a MIDI -> DIN Sync converter. If you get yourself a Juno60 it would suddenly become very very useful. Speaking of which, I know a guy that might be interested in it....

I don't think it will do MIDI and DIN sync at the same time.  It won't talk MIDI and DCB at the same time.  During the era of the Juno 60 Roland was pushing the JSQ-60 DCB sequencer ... the MSQ-700 was always kinda clunky.

I think it's a great enclosure to build something in.  It has a built-in power supply, pre-punched holes for MIDI jacks and stuff, a nice big display window ... it's practically crying MIDIbox!  I seem to remember there are lots of jacks on that back panel, which might make for a really nice MBCV, or trigger-to-MIDI box, or something like that.

Ah, I don't think gutting it, selling it on ebay, or giving it away would be quite ethical right now.  The original owner is overseas, and it's just kind of "here" for the duration.  My comment about gutting is was mostly a joke.

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like it's destined to end up as a shelf decoration.