How to make a template for my US-2400?

JB872

With the help of the guys at the Tascam Forum I now have total control over any parameter I would like with my US-2400.  With so many parameters to remember, I decided to use a label maker to map out what each encoder controls...but it ended up looking really sloppy and unprofessional.  I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but how are you guys making those awesome front panels for your LC's?  What programs are you using for the design and what materials would you recommend I make the template out of so it could lay over top my 2400.

Any help would be much appreciated.  :)

app= inkscape

material = mylar

you could also print on any translucent paper sheet and then glue it to some kind of plastic

cheers

simone

thx simone.  I noticed that the Tascam site has dxf files of the 2400.  Could these be imported into inkscape so I don't have to map out the panel myself?

.dxf is an AutoCad file.

I'm not familiar with inkscape, but I think you can get the "educational" version of AutoCad for free, or very cheap, or not quite so expensive as the full version.

You wouldn't have a link to this free version of autocad would you?  I wouldn't mind taking a look at the Tascam autocad files to see if they're to scale or not.

Yeah, that one.

A free viewer.

Possibility of a reduced price/vastly reduced capability "education" version.

Might I suggest the use of a search engine?

Of course I did a search before asking...it's just that there were a few to choose from and I wanted to download the right one. :)