LED's for Menu Buttons?

tom303

Are there any other basic conditions?

E.g. all buttons switch to ground. Want to use the same PCB layout (button and LEDs) like the normal buttons with LED. (meas all buttons all LEDs on together on ground)

Just build a little circuit where the output is 0V when button is pressed and a led lights. When button is not pressed 5V should be on the output.

Is an digital input so not exactly 5V and 0V are requiered. That makes circuit design more easy.

You need at least one transistor for inverting (LED is on when 0V is on output). Or you invert the menubuttons with software modification. (not easy...easy, but not easy to find where....)  

Hi rebelrob!

What you have drawn is the normal way to connect a button. But he wants that a LED lights when the button is pressed.

I have done this while using analog inputs as button inputs. There are no LEDs too. So I have done this with some transistors and with some flipflops (74HC74, for toggle mode).

The simples way would be (I did not test it!):

I try to discripe it because ASCII-art works not so good with a propotional font.

simply place the LED with a 220Ohm resistor on the place of the original 10k pull-up. That this works as a a pullup resistor you need to add a 10k parallel to the LED.

When the button is closed the input is grounded and a current flows through the LED and it lights.