Mb seq "Knappspelet"

mattias

Very interesting!

I hope you'll take a little while to explain to us any mods that were made... Obviously the 4x40 is not standard ;) But it may be running the normal firmware?

PS I don't like offsite documentation because it almost always disappears after a time... If you can document it here or the wiki that would be great!!!

Ok.

It is the basic MBseq firmware or whatever. Just added the Groupselect and Triggerlayer buttons whit led. The toggle 16/32 with led is also there. I went for encoders with GP button integrated. I think it works just great. It´s not recomended by TK or others, but i can´t see why. Not just now anyway!  :D

The 4x40 has a second enble line so it works just like having two 2x40 stacked. The design was inspired by the "schrittmacher", I was planing another design first but this idea grew more and more on me. So I ended up making the "knappspel".

"Knappspelet" is the Swedish word for "The button accordian".

Maybe more pictures??

../Mattias

The 4x40 has a second enble line so it works just like having two 2x40 stacked

Well it really is! - the HD44780 standard only allows for 80 characters, so a 4x40 actually has two separate HD44780 driver IC's on it, with two separate sets of data and enable and clock lines. On the board, these are all combined into one connection, with the exception of the 2nd enable line :)

"Knappspelet" is the Swedish word for "The button accordian".

Maybe more pictures??

Nice one, yes please!! :D

• 2 months later...