Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goblinz

Soldering guide.

8 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this so please can a mod move it if there's a more appropriate place.

Hackaday have just published a fairly indepth soldering howto which pretty much covers everything. You can find it at http://www.hackaday.com/2007/10/26/how-to-introduction-to-soldering/. If you're daunted about starting your project because of lack of soldering experience then this guide should be of great value

G

You know, somewhere, is a whole other thread talking about this. I looked, briefly, and unsuccessfully.

First one to find it gets a lolly. ;D

Should I move this to midibox documentation project subforum?

It may be better in that other thread as it is a very good guide. I put it in here as I knew there was a thread in existence but couldn't find it and didn't know the best place for it.

G

Can/shall I add the link to the Wiki then? I notice there's a dead link on there too.. the one from NASA.

G

The wiki likes it when people add nice stuff :)

I'm sure I heard it purr when it got the boxes hehehe

Cool, will add it then. Never added something to a wiki before, that's why I was being so cautious and not just jumping in.

G

Ahh that's the beauty of a wiki - all the old versions of the pages are saved, so if you do something wrong, you (or anyone else) can roll it back in two clicks :)

Edit the wiki without fear :D