recording timing problem...

bosone

i don't know if it's me or if it's the sequencer...

i'm tring to record some phrase with my keyboard into the sequencer using the "record" function (NOT the STEP mode).

i turn of the seq metronome and i try to play in time (damn.. i think i'm able to play in time.. at least when i record on sonar the events lay down well into the grid!  :P)

the problem is that the notes that i record are always out of time!!! often before the beat...

is a quantization of the midi event possible?  ???

or really it's me who is having problem?!?!  :-[

another idea: is it possible an "undo" or "delete" function right inside the record menu, to delete the sequence just recorded, just to speed up the recording process?

Hi Matteo,

unfortunately there is no forwards-quantisation available. I tried to implement this, but the result was extremely unuseful, so that I gave up. :-(

So, there is only a backward-quantisation, which means: the last note which has been played at the time the step was active, will be stored.

The current pattern can be easily deleted by pressing F1+Clr Item. Thereafter press the button below the Rec item to go back to the record page.

There is also a Move function in the utility page which allows you to shift single steps after recording. The user manual describes how it works.

And the Scroll function allows you to shift the whole, or parts of the recorded track.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

unfortunately there is no forwards-quantisation available. I tried to implement this, but the result was extremely unuseful, so that I gave up. :-(

So, there is only a backward-quantisation, which means: the last note which has been played at the time the step was active, will be stored.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had this trouble. If you can't get it to behave, I don't stand a chance! ;)