legal question about houston

Guest ekopappa

Guest ekopappa

just a quick one:

i tried the houston emu and kinda liked it, so i thouht about using parts of the emulation for my projects, but in the download section it says:

"Emulation of Steinberg Houston (has to be enhanced and verified by somebody who owns a full version of Cubase SX or Nuendo)"

what does this mean exactly? i only have cubase le. am i even allowed to use the emulation?

thanks in advance

greetings

john

There are 2 reasons I can think of ;

1) It may be that only the full versions (ie not demo or function limited) of the mentioned software

will allow full checking of the Houston emulation

2) Not wanting to be associated with any dodgy (ie cracked) versions of the steinberg apps  :o

The reason is simple: since I don't own Cubase or Nuendo (I'm a Logic user...) I used a demo version to test the protocol handling.

Last check was in June 2003!

I don't really know if it is still working with current versions, especially because Steinberg added some SW workarounds into Cubase in order to overcome imperfections of the original hardware.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest ekopappa

thanks, guys.

my cubase le version is from february 2006. i didn´t have the time to do a complete checkup and i didn´t connect motorfaders yet, but so far the houston emulation seems to work just fine. the tracks and parameters are displayed correctly and the buttons (at least those i tested) are doing what they are supposed to.

but i wanted to be sure, that i won´t get into any trouble if i go any further.

so, thanks again.

greetings

john