MIDIbox CV questions (was "buttons / encoder?")

nebula

I'm slapping together a MIDIbox CV.  My boards are complete and I'm about to hook everything together and fire it up.

Since I have plenty of spare DIN pins, and my enclosure is well suited for it, can I edit the main.asm file to include up/down buttons AND an encoder?

Also: looking at the descriptions of the forums here, I find it vague as to where we should discuss specific issues pertaining to projects like MIDIbox CV, filter/processor etc.  Should we have an additional forum for "other ucapps projects" besides SID, SEQ, FM, HUIs (64/LC/16e)?

Thanks TK, I may have a few more questions over the next few days as I finalize this.

I'm working with an AOUT module, and something is unclear to me... from the documentation:

if a MBHP_AOUT module is used' date=' two gate outputs are provided by the module itself, they are assigned to CV1 and CV2. The remaining outputs are available directly at the J5 socket of the core module.[/quote']

Does this mean:

(a) I have 10 gates (2 from AOUT, 8 from J5),

(b) I have 8 gates (2 from AOUT, 6 from J5), or

© I have 8 gates (2 from AOUT, mirrored by 2 of 8 from J5)??

Since the docs say there is "no disadvantage" to using gates from the CORE, for my build I would prefer to take 8 gates from the CORE and not bother with the ones on the AOUT. Is this possible or recommended?

Thanks again!

© I have 8 gates (2 from AOUT, mirrored by 2 of 8 from J5)??

thats correct.

since the docs say there is "no disadvantage" to using gates from the CORE, for my build I would prefer to take 8 gates from the CORE and not bother with the ones on the AOUT. Is this possible or recommended?

yes, no problem. The two gates of the AOUT module are only useful if somebody has built this module into a breakout box (so that the module can be plugged to different MIDIboxes) - and if he doesn't need more than 2 gates.

AOUT_LC and AOUT_NG users have to use the 8 gate pins at J5 anyhow.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Is there an omission here?  +12 is going to one TL074 while -12 is going to the other.  Don't both ICs need + and - 12V?

The voltage inputs have to be connected together with two isolated cables at the bottom of the PCB. I just noticed,

that this isn't documented on the MBHP_AOUT page. I will take a photo and add it to the soldering guide.

Best Regards, Thorsten.