problem with mb tiny control

icam

i hope someone on this forum can knows this strange behaviour:

i programmed the 18f with the bootstrap-loader, assembled it on the core-board, connected lcd (2x20) and one dinx1-module to the core.

after that i transferred the mios v1.2 via midiox... everything worked well and after the transfer the mios-copyright string was presented on the lcd every 2 sec. but after transfer of the tc-program this message was still displayed and not the tc-string...  ??? ???

when i push the buttons or turn the encoder no midi-output can be detected only the frequently sended sysex-string F0 00 00 7E 40 00 F7... what went wrong???

icam

Hi Icam,

it seems that the upload of the TC application failed for some reasons. Which "acknowledge" messages are sent during the upload? All messages should end with ...0F xx F7 (xx = checksum, ignore this number). On receive errors, you will receive ...0E xx F7

Maybe you should also try another application, e.g. the SID which provides the same control interface.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi thorsten!

i checked the upload (like shown on the upload-page) and it always returns that everything is ok (... 0f xx f7).

i also checked to upload the sid-application before posting but it was the same problem but in this case the display showed nothing after the upload.

there is either the strange behaviour that a upload of the older mios v1.1 results in blinking cursors on the s

display but no constructive message.

now i'm trying to get may sid started without display and control-surface... but it looks a little crazy to me...

icam