cap question

Guest Oish1

Guest Oish1

Hello... noobie here with a question.  I'm quite new with electronics and excited about getting started on this project (sid and core mods).  I have managed to comple a parts list for all the parts I need for these, with one exception.  I'm unsure what the voltages should be for the capacitors in the core project and the sid project (and even unsure how much it matters).  I've  managed to find all the correct nf uf and pf values, but they come in all different voltages as well.  any kind soul care to help me out?  once I have all this information I will have a full list of all the www.mouser.com part numbers for these projects that I can post, because I'm sure it would be useful as it took me quite some time to compile (being new to all this and all).  thanks in advance.  cheers.

Heya Oish1!

For the electrolytics on the CORE 16v for the 2200mfd and 25v for the 10mfd work fine, same for the SID with a 50v for the 1mfd.

On the ceramic caps any voltage Mouser has will work, just pay attention to lead spacing.

I have orderlists made up for both Mouser and Reichelt for the new (not yet released) boards I will be selling (very soon!), and a Mouser list that fits the original board layouts will be a great thing. :)

Have fun!

SmashTV

Guest Oish1

thanks so much for the info!!!  I have a friend who is helping me with the pcb (he has done many before) and a new roommate who just moved in yesterday is very versed in electronics and will be helping me out with the rest!!!  (yay!! I don't have to buy a potentiometer!!!)..  the c64 is in the mail (thanks to ebay), and I'm so very excited to get started!!!  Definate thanks to Thorsten for all the hard work and allowing it out for free...  a dyi dream.