Midi Channel Selection for Traktor Controller

el_cuc0

Hello, I am building a midibox64 to control Traktor. This software allows you to control 4 "decks" simultaneously. I am in the design stage and ordering parts here and there, so I still don't have a functioning system yet. One thing that I want to accomplish is to have only controls for 2 decks at a time, but with the option to control deck 3 and 4 too. In other words, I want to control 2 of the 4 at a time.

The midi configuration in traktor allows me to specify a midi channel for each control. The midibox will have 2 sections, deck 1 and deck 2, side-by-side. I want to place buttons to be able to assign that section to any of the decks. So deck 1 will have buttons that allow me to control deck A and C and deck 2 will have buttons to control B and D. Are you with me?

I'm thinking that when this "assign" button is pressed, it has to switch the controllers for that specific section to another midi channel.

I want to program the configurations in Traktor as follows:

Controls for Deck A are on MIDI Ch 1

Controls for Deck B are on MIDI Ch 2

Controls for Deck C are on MIDI Ch 3

Controls for Deck D are on MIDI Ch 4

I'm guessing that there's code somewhere to accomplish this, but I want to the MIDI Channel selection applied to certain pots/faders but not all. I have been looking for a week and can't find anything even remotely close to a switch used to change the midi channel.

Please help, my eyes are bloodshot from all the research.  :o

Hi

I think I can follow you ... :)

Example :

Midibox : Deck 1                        Deck 2

Assign A - C                Assign B - D 

Traktor : Deck A | Deck C          Deck B | Deck D

maybe it is better to program different control-changes instead for use different midichannels...so use for Deck A - C 1st till 3rd keyrange and for Deck B - D above.....got it ? :)

How do you Code ?? C or ASM ?

Regards

• 1 month later...