keves

Members
  • Content count

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About keves

  • Rank
    MIDIbox Newbie
  • Birthday 01/01/1970

Profile Information

  • Gender Not Telling
  1. midibox seq 1.jpg

    Thank you! Unfortunately it makes the engraved text very hard to read... I am going to try and paint it and hopefully that will improve it a bit :)
  2. MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

    Awesome. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this project and the community! I just completed my Midibox SEQ v4 build last night and am fascinated by how much functionality it has, and how well everything works.
  3. midibox seq 1.jpg

    From the album Eran Rundstein

  4. You're a life saver. Thanks!
  5. Hello! I ordered the following kit: http://midiboxshop.bigcartel.com/product/seq-cs-parts-kit It has three resistor values (220, 470, 1K) but I can't figure out which one goes where... Any idea?   Thanks!
  6. Super looking forward to have it fully working!  
  7. Thank you for the detailed reply! I am embarrassed to say it was SO/SI - can't believe I didn't double check that one! Seems to work now :D :D :D The ICs indeed seem to have survived even though the did overheat like you mentioned. Oh well, now I'll have a few more of them :) Thanks again, this made my day!!!
  8. Thanks for the reply :) I also checked the resistor networks, they are properly placed. I used the buttons SmashTV sends in his parts kit, and they cannot be misaligned. I ordered new chips so I will just try that next week when they arrive.
  9. Hello! I'm currently in the process of building the awesome Midibox SEQ using Wilba's front panel PCB from SmashTV's shop. I am using an STM32F core board. I have soldered the following on the front panel PCB: - All diodes - J1 connector - All 5 pin resistor networks - All IC sockets - All pushbuttons - Capacitors   I have not soldered ANY of the following: - Resistors - Rotary encoders - LEDs - Anything else I am missing?   I have two LCD modules connected to my core board (and they work fine), and the front panel PCB (to J8/9). Pressing any of the buttons does not do anything.  Things I have checked: - All diodes are in the right orientation - All ICs are in their sockets in the right orientation (U1-U6 are the 165, U7/8 are 595) - I can see a clock signal on J1 SC pin. I can see VCC and GND.   One important mistake that I made: I initially soldered the J1 connector in the wrong orientation (or the flat cable I used is different than the one that's on the photo instructions thread). This resulted in U1 overheating and may have ruined it or anything else. After discovering this awful mistake I used wire patch cables to connect the core module and the PCB so I am fairly certain they are properly connected now (I can see a clock signal on SC, and measure ~5v between VS and VD).    Does anyone have an idea of what can be wrong? Here are some theories that I have but not sure if they make sense: - I ruined some or all the ICs - thankfully they are socketed so I will just order a bunch of new ones and try that next week. - I ruined something else - I doubt that because capacitors, switches and diodes are pretty resilient and I can't see reversed connector being an issue - This thing does not work without the LED resistors (I doubt, but maybe I'm wrong? I couldn't find a schema of the board online).   I have access to a 2 channel scope so I can look at signals if someone has an idea of what would be worth checking.   Many thanks!
  10. Elektron Machinedrum Mute Controller

    Got the first version of the Acrylic panel. Learned a few things, the most important being that high density pots make no sense - they are very hard to use when they are so close to each-other :(       Higher resolution images available here: http://imgur.com/a/Pkv9d
  11. UPDATE - This was a race in my code. EEPROM_Init seems to take some time, and that was delaying the execution of initialization code causing my AINSER task to access uninitialized data.   Have a great NYE! :) 
  12. Hello and thank you for the reply.   I just checked with MIDIbox KB and this isn't happening (I can repeatedly upload it). With my app it fails repeatedly the moment I introduce EEPROM_Init(0). Note that I am not doing anything with the EEPROM at the moment other than initializing it. In addition, the rest of my app seems to work (MIDI over USB, DIN/DOUT chain, AINSER are all working as expected).   Any idea what else could cause this? I will start commenting out parts of my code and see if I can narrow it down.   Thanks again, Eran 
  13. Hey,   I'm experiencing something odd - if I call EEPROM_Init(0) in APP_Init then I cannot upload code using the bootloader unless I reset the board and hold the user (blue) button. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm guessing this has to do with EEPROM_Init touching the flash and somehow messing it for the bootloader...   Thanks :)
  14. Elektron Machinedrum Mute Controller

    Made some good progress :smile:   So far I tested this UI module (combination of DIN/DOUT/AINSER) - it works! However the main board support two such modules, and the second one would not work because I mistakenly confused RC(RCLK) signals to be chip selects. New revision would allow to chain the shift registers on the modules by providing a header with the outputs of the DIN/OUT registers that would go back to the main board, and on to the 2nd module. A bit of an inelegant hack, but should work. Haven't tested MIDI ports or LCD yet.