MidiBox 64 Seq. V.1.0

tom303

Hi all,

many new excelent features in this version! -  :D

Thanks!!!

- But one problem i have: How can I control Note, Velocity and Gate on every note?

I need this to control my 303 clone. (Note, Accent and Slide)

best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

your question in the news section hasn't been lost, I just only need some time to find a solution especially for you... ;-)

The PIC16F firmware doesn't allow to store more than 8*16 parameters in RAM, and the MIOS version is not ready for use (currently only the menu handler has been written, I will not continue with the other routines before I've completed the documentations of the running projects and before I've finished the SID surface, step D)

So, in the meantime there are following possibilities:

• if the MIDI interface of your TB303 allows to control the accent or the slide alternatively via CC (like the MIDIbox SID ;-)), you could use a second track
  • if it is ok for you to have a sequencer with only three tracks, I could compile a special version which uses the RAM, which is currently allocated by the 4th track, as 3rd layer storage for the first two tracks
  • I could reduce the step length to 8 and use the remaining RAM to store the 3rd layer
  • alternatively I could also compile a variant with two tracks only where the upper three pot rows control the note, velocity and gatelength of track 1 and 2 (the track would be selectable by the current layer buttons). The lower pot-row can only be used as CC controller in this case

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

sorry, but there is no way to use CC to crontrol slide or accent.  :'(

If you could compile a especial version that would be fantastic. I think a version with 4 tracks, but with just 2 layers on track 3 and 4 would be great. (If possible)

Thank you very much!!!  :D

best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

If you could compile a especial version that would be fantastic. I think a version with 4 tracks, but with just 2 layers on track 3 and 4 would be great. (If possible)

No, unfortunately this isn't possible, try your luck once more ;-)

The RAM limitation only allows to store 8*16 pot values, a track with 3 layers allocates 3*16 values:

Track 1: 3 layers

Track 2: 3 layers

Track 3: 2 layers

Track 4: not available

is this ok for you?

However, you will be able to use Track4 again with the MIOS based implementation ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Not to mention a whole bunch of new documentation and images!!! :o You just never stop do you mate :D

I think you should copyright the phrase "Thanks Thorsten!" So people have to pay you royalties when they say it... You'll make a fortune out of me alone ;)

Thanks Thorsten!

[quote name=Thorsten Klose

link=board=troubleshooting;num=1054487915;start=0#5 date=06/05/03 at 00:59:40]alright, the 3tracks variant is now in the v101 archive under MBHP->MIDIbox64seq->Download

hope it works ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1000 x danke!!!!!

1000 x thanks !!!!!

Great absolute great! Now I can also use the new superb version for my tb!  :D

One little problem. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or a buffer overflow. When I use 16 track length I get an error after a few seconds (cont. reset loop) :-[

I don't have this problem on 8 steps track length.

Cheers,

Thomas

Guest HELDER

Hello,

I have complete my Mbox64, but I have a problem, when I give power to the core modul I get in the LCD this:

T.KLOSE 64 (it counts from 1 to 64 and stops)

© 2001  T.KLOSE

and nothing more hapens.

Can you help me ?

Best Regards (From Portugal)

Helder

Hi Helder,

although this is the wrong thread (the topic is "MB64 seq ) here my answer ;-)

could you please check if the 1k pull-up at pin RA4 (core module: R2). the 10k pull-up at pin RD1 (core module: R9), and the 1.2k pull-up at the tx pin (core module: R6)  are connected properly?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey Thomas...

dunno if it's related, but i had a prob with a button that when pushed would cause the seq to reset, like there was a short or summin - turned out if was a faulty 165 in the DINX4 module, so mebbe try and replace the one coressponding to the button that freezes the box when pushed...just a thought...

Best...

Dan