Usage question - song mode//track event

The Big Ear

Hello,

I've build a seq some time ago, but got stuck on a side note when trying it out. Now I just started reusing the machine again and I'm a bit stuck... I'm also not sure if I'm using the last version. How do I check this?

Track Event 5: I think this is what "drum mode" is. But when I put a note on layer A it's also on on layer B&C. Alas, with "0" velocity the note is gone again... But even then, "0" velocity doesn't always result in a 'no sound' either. So how is this mode used? Is there a drum mode as in 3 fixed notes and length and variable velocity but independent triggerable?

Phrase mode: It took me a while before I found out about this position (layer B button) function. Especially when I noticed I was changing banks instead of patterns, but I think I got it now. Anyway, when changing position, it changes position immediately. Got to the Sync pattern change option to change this, but now as soon as I select a new position, the tracks are muted. At the next start the newly selected position is started and you can hear it again. Is this also some sort of option? On topic, how do you chain patterns, haven't found this one either yet.

Well, that's it for now. It will take me some more time to learn about this machine, but I'm sure we'll get along eventually ;-)

Cheers,

ToAd

Track Event 5: I think this is what "drum mode" is. But when I put a note on layer A it's also on on layer B&C. Alas, with "0" velocity the note is gone again... But even then, "0" velocity doesn't always result in a 'no sound' either. So how is this mode used? Is there a drum mode as in 3 fixed notes and length and variable velocity but independent triggerable?

Mode 5 should do this. You wrote, that you built MBSEQ V3 long time ago, but are you also using the latest firmware?

Meanwhile the usage of mode 5 is more comfortable than before. Previously you had to configure the trigger layers correctly to get it working. Meanwhile you only need to push the GP button below "copy preset" in the event configuration page (where you already select the mode) :)

Phrase mode: It took me a while before I found out about this position (layer B button) function. Especially when I noticed I was changing banks instead of patterns, but I think I got it now. Anyway, when changing position, it changes position immediately. Got to the Sync pattern change option to change this, but now as soon as I select a new position, the tracks are muted. At the next start the newly selected position is started and you can hear it again. Is this also some sort of option? On topic, how do you chain patterns, haven't found this one either yet.

Thats an unexpected usecase (I'm a big fan of unsynched changes), but no problem: just added this option.

The change is already available on the SVN server (seq_song.inc), but unfortunately, the flow how to fetch such immediate versions isn't documented yet.

So, if you are not familar with subversion, try to copy the cs_m_song.inc into the latest release

If this doesn't work due to incompatibilities (I haven't tested it), open seq_song.inc of the original release, search for "call    SEQ_CORE_ChangePattern_Song" and replace this line by:

;; in phrase mode (bit #7 set): allow synched pattern change
        BRA_IFCLR SEQ_SONG, 7, BANKED, SEQ_SONG_FetchPosLoop_Song
SEQ_SONG_FetchPosLoop_Phrase
        call    SEQ_CORE_ChangePatternSynched
        rgoto   SEQ_SONG_FetchPosLoop_PhraseCont
SEQ_SONG_FetchPosLoop_Song
        call    SEQ_CORE_ChangePattern_Song     ; change pattern
SEQ_SONG_FetchPosLoop_PhraseCont
[/code]

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The change is already available on the SVN server (seq_song.inc), but unfortunately, the flow how to fetch such immediate versions isn't documented yet.

My apologies - I meant to finish this job yesterday but I started a cabling job that I thought would take ~12 hours and it ended up taking ~36 hours to get 1/3 of the job done... So I'm a bit behind schedule... Big Ear, if you wait a couple of days, I will have documentation written, or you can meet me in the chatroom for advice.