PWM LEDs for Rotary Encoder Position

Spandex

Works fine here, even through work's firewall.... I suspect you're blocking the port on your firewall(s). IIRC it's port 3690, TCP and UDP.

Sorry, I've always setup svn over WebDAV/DeltaV before so I don't know much about the svn:// protocol. 

As far as I can see though, it shouldn't need any special firewall rules.  It doesn't do anything crazy like initiate connections back to the originator like FTP does it?

Also, if you have authenticated read/write access, you're possibly tunnelling it over SSH anyway?

As far as I can see though, it shouldn't need any special firewall rules.

It does need a hole in port 3690 for SVN.

It doesn't do anything crazy like initiate connections back to the originator like FTP does it?

No, no NATing required.

Also, if you have authenticated read/write access, you're possibly tunnelling it over SSH anyway?

In which case you need to punch port 22.

That's not how most firewalls work.  OUTBOUND connections are allowed by default anyway.  You can't predict the local port so you can't make holes for a particular protocol, nor do you need them.  You're talking about INBOUND connections, I believe, or else some other flavour of restrictive firewall that prevents net access to your local users.  We don't have anything like that (I know because I'm the network admin here :))

See below, I can connect on port 22 (though I have no account) but can't connect via SVN protocol.

matt.southall@s15286839:~/tmp$ svn checkout svn://svnmios.midibox.org/mios/playground
svn: Can't connect to host 'svnmios.midibox.org': Connection refused
matt.southall@s15286839:~/tmp$ telnet svnmios.midibox.org 22                               
Trying 72.232.76.22...
Connected to svnmios.midibox.org.
Escape character is '^]'.

SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.9p1
Protocol mismatch.
Connection closed by foreign host.
matt.southall@s15286839:~/tmp$
matt.southall@s15286839:~/tmp$ telnet svnmios.midibox.org 3690
Trying 72.232.76.22...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
matt.southall@s15286839:~/tmp$

That's not how most firewalls work.  OUTBOUND connections are allowed by default

Actually most firewalls block everything, and mine's one of those. .... Maybe we're used to a different kinda network. A good firewall should block data from escaping your LAN as well as entering it, it's important in case the physical security is breached - bad stuff sometimes comes from inside the building. In fact, a really secure setup will block all traffic even internally, for example to stop a worm from spreading, or to stop users from wasting backplane bandwidth with unwanted traffic.

See below, I can connect on port 22 (though I have no account) but can't connect via SVN protocol.

Right you are, I'm using SSH... I tried read-only access just now, and it failed in the same manner. Looks like unsecure SVN is down!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still unable to get in via SVN.  Is there somewhere else I can DL this source code?  Failing that, is there any chance anyone with SSH+SVN access could zip me up a copy of recent export so that I can start looking at this MAX7221 driver?  Please PM me if so.  Thanks!

I'm sorry, the read-only svn access isn't supported anymore, since it slowed down the server too much.

svn access is available again - a special demon has to be started to get it running - this has to be done after each reboot

I could give you ssh access to the repository if required.

If this is too complicated, just download the latest stribe firmware release package, it contains the driver module as well

Best Regards, Thorsten.