Quick question about channels

Jaicen

I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the implementation of the four possible channels in the MBFM. How does the channel allocation work?? As in, can I produce 6-voices of stereo, or only two MONO channels with three voices?? I'm sure the answer is available somewehere, I just don't know where!

I would like to run my MBFM in stereo with 6-note poly if at all possible, but would I be restricted to MONO?? I'm running it from a guitar synth, hence the poly requirements.

Thanks for that TK, that's exactly what I was hoping for!

I was thinking of getting a TX81z, but the MBFM beats it hands down, and i've got most of the parts already.

Another thing I was wondering about was the inclusion of the CV outs. I assume that a CV out module is needed to access those, and that the

8 optional CV outputs which can be assigned to the LFOs and EG5s for controlling analog filters, VCAs, effects, etc referred to on the intro page are the built in handlers of the MBFM firmware??

Another thing I was wondering about was the inclusion of the CV outs. I assume that a CV out module is needed to access those, and that the

8 optional CV outputs which can be assigned to the LFOs and EG5s for controlling analog filters, VCAs, effects, etc referred to on the intro page are the built in handlers of the MBFM firmware??

I don't understand the question completely. CV outputs are provided by the MBHP_AOUT* modules (MBHP_AOUT/MBHP_AOUT_LC/MBHP_AOUT_NG). The synth engine of MBFM controls them (and not the OPL3 chip, as this chip doesn't support such functions). You can modulate the outputs with LFOs and EG5

Best Regards, Thorsten.