seq v3 midi or and mtc?

boops

MBSEQ V3 receives MIDI Clock in Slave mode, and sends MIDI Clock in Master mode.

The clock can be distributed to individual MIDI Outs in the MIDI configuration menu.

MTC is not supported (impossible to implement this for a step sequencer)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Running Cubase as a slave is a bad idea anyhow, because the software has a variable latency which cannot be compensated.

MTC won't help you here...

In conjunction with Cubase (or any other PC based DAW) I suggest you to use the DAW as MIDI clock master, and MBSEQ has MIDI clock slave.

The sequencer will start/stop/pause in synch with the DAW. You don't need to push a MBSEQ button, it's remotely controlled.

In addition, it's possible to set the pattern position directly from the DAW.

Synching really works perfectly!

I don't know, if you are asking these questions, because you haven't built MBSEQ yet and you are not aware of these already existing features, or if you tried this and it doesn't work (in this case: check the MIDI clock mode in BPM menu)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Most DAW-class software won't slave to MIDI clocks.  Even Logic has dropped this capability as of version 8.

If you must slave your software to MIDI clock, Ableton (or maybe Reason) is the best software to use.

I don't know of any hardware sequencer or drum machine (except total production boxes like Akai MPC) that will slave to MIDI Time Code.

A long time ago I bought a standalone MIDI patch bay that will also convert MTC or SMPTE to MIDI clocks (via a built-in tempo map).  It does the job perfectly.  (It's an Anatek SMP-7).  This could make for a great MIDIbox app!

thanks for your responses,i know for ableton...but i use nuendo 3...i don't finish the mb seq yet...but i think at the patch of my hardware machines.... ok i will keep the daw in master...(just to say the yamaha rm1x has a mtc in song mode)but i don't like so much.a+

Most DAW-class software won't slave to MIDI clocks.  Even Logic has dropped this capability as of version 8.

I'm pretty sure sonar still does. They will if they want this guy's business ;) I wouldn't trust a PC to spit a solid clock if a pink fit, I always run hardware clock. It should be noted that I don't use VST(i).

A long time ago I bought a standalone MIDI patch bay that will also convert MTC or SMPTE to MIDI clocks (via a built-in tempo map).  It does the job perfectly.  (It's an Anatek SMP-7).  This could make for a great MIDIbox app!

Groovy idea...but uhm...who uses MTC anyway? :)