Integrated dual sequencer (SEQ+MB808) sharing same panel controls?

creatorlars

I build my decked out MBSEQ3 a couple months ago to use primarily as a drum sequencer (secondarily as a CV sequencer for my modular.)  I love it, it has been 100% stable and I love the implementation of the machine...

BUT, it's immediately obvious that for drum programming applications, the workflow would be so much smoother with the new MB808 firmware.  And also, I'm building a large console-style portable cabinet for my modules and would like to integrate all my sequencer stuff and a mixer into the same console, so that I can leave things patched in, hardware trigger-outs to trigger-ins of my drum modules, and not require tables/stands/carrying cases, etc. etc. (The cabinet will close up to protect everything, and have removable legs for stage use.) 

So, building a new SEQ for this console is definitely on the to-do list.  What I would like to do is build a mega-Midibox panel to fit rack-width into the console, including hard-sync'ed MB808 sequencer + MBSEQ3 with some sort of hard-wired "master tempo" feature w/LED display and dedicated encoder -- with hard-wired control of both sequencers, and some pulse outputs to sync analog LFOs, etc.

Now, hah... what would be involved in building a master interface for both sequencers... and having some sort of "Drum Seq<-->Regular Seq" toggle, which basically would swap all frontpanel mounted components back and forth between the two core boards running each SEQ?  Is this possible, with some sort of switching board?  Or would breaking the connections screw up the running firmware, etc?  What are the possibilities as far as having some sort of "Master Song Mode" type feature, integrated w/both seqs?

So far, some possibilities and ideas for sharing the same user interface are discussed here:

http://www.eight-oh-eight.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=169

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10731.msg82698.html#msg82698

Most important answer:

Or would breaking the connections screw up the running firmware, etc?

The SRIO chain is "hot-pluggable", so that you can easily switch back and forth between the cores during runtime - especially the thread in the eight-oh-eight forum contains some useful informations about this approach.

Best Regards, Thorsten.