Stereo Sid Done ... Now Need v2 Patches

cosmosuave

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid/preset_patches_20060820.zip

here ya go.

However these won't work with v2 so you have to convert them. If you look in the "tools" folder in the "midibox_sid_v2_0_rc17", or similarly named, folder you'll find a v1_to_v2.pl file. You can use that script to convert these patches to v2 and upload.  Outside of the vintage presets found in the preset folder, the link up above has the only other presets I've found around here.

Good luck figuring out how to use that pearl script. I was going to figure it out soon as my order gets in from Smash(bless his awesome little heart) and fix my ridiculous DIN problem.

Hope this helped.

Okay I'm stupid... I cannot get the syx patch file to load to the SID... I try'd Jsynth Librarian and have no clue on how to use it.... Setup the config on Midi-OX did a lpbk test to ensure I had the correct midi ports... Opened the SYSEX CMD window loaded the file and sent... The window shows all sorts of hex#'s and completes the file upload... When auditioning the SIDbox nothing... Do I need to config the the SIDbox for sys rx?

I have no clue with sysex since all I have used for synths have been pre midi analogue...

whoa, whoa, I think you're making things more complicated than they really are.  ;)

This should make it more simple, it's on the downloads page:

http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_syxloader_18f.html

It's a really easy to use sysex loader and the vintage presets from the presets folder can be sent to your bank, no problem. Just open up the vintage patch file through this loader program and send.

Outside of the vintage presets found in the preset folder, the link up above has the only other presets I've found around here.

I assumed maybe you were wanting more presets than than the vintage presets.

I try'd Jsynth Librarian and have no clue on how to use it....

Yea me too. If you're just wanting to load up those vintage patches the sysex loader is the easiest route.

Patches are loaded only 64... Gonna have to get a larger bankstick... Is there anyway of splitting the syx file in 1/2 so that I have 2x64 patch's?

Impressed by some of the patch's and the sound of the SIDbox... Two years ago I thought of taking on this project but wrote it off as that 8 bit video game sound but you can get some very warm analogue sounds out of it and a bit of verb makes it even more lush...