solution for sliders hitting stops?

Steven_C

Hi Steven,

some weeks ago I've experimented with a MIOS mod which slows down the fader before it reaches the bottom. It doesn't work perfectly yet, but I have an idea how to improve the behaviour. If I find the time I will release the final modification with MIOS V1.3

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey Steve...

I've just hooked up 1 motorfader to test, and it seems to work first time :) (tried the 18 MF calibration test - cudnt work out what it does, but when i moved the fader the values were correct and then the fader would moved switfly to the top, not hitting too hard at all...

I dunno if you've seen tghe datasheets for the panasonics but they rek a voltage of 5V max for the motor is optimal - and this works for me here....

Best...

Dan

Hi Dan,

the 5V spec means continuous voltage level, but the MF driver sends a PWM voltage in order to control the speed of the fader. So in fact the PW modulated voltage is much lower than the output voltage of the LM317

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Sounds like a cool feature, TK!

Having used the Fairlight prodigy system, I guess I expect everything to be so smooth and precise! (the Amek faders on the Prodigy never hit the bottom hard, only softly, but then again fairlight have been building equipment for probably 20 years or something!.... Not that I like the fairlight system.... I don't like its operation at all... but maybe it will seem better as I learn more about it... it is not straightforward to learn!!!)

actually, in practice, the faders rarely hit the bottom at all, only really when opening and closing projects... and then you can manually move them down anyway. But it will sure be a nice feature to have!

bye, from Steve.