Difference between Layer A B C and Trigger Layer A B C Buttons?

Echopraxia

Hello everybody. I am designing my front panel for SEQ V3 and I was trying to figure out what is the difference between these two sets of buttons? I have not tested their functions. I am trying to figure out the positioning of these two sets of buttons as I will have them parallel to the group and track buttons. I.e Group buttons will have to the right Trigger layer buttons abc. Then one row down the track buttons and to the right of those are the other layer buttons. I will try to post the pic of the panel here but I am tired and can't figure out how to upload a FPE file here or turn the FPE data into a jpg.

I am taking a guess but are the trigger layer buttons like mpc pads? If I hit the trigger layer A button it will automatically make layer A sound off? If this is the case what note/cc value will trigger I.e last modifed step??

RIght now I am assuming that the layer ABC buttons bring up the layers onto the screens for editing?

hi,

the layers A, B, C will hold e.g. "note-note-note", or "note-vel-lenght", or note-cc-cc"....etc.. and the trigger layer hold the "trigger" flags, i.e. the "gate" ,  the  "accent", the "roll", that you can activate or not for each step..

I understand the layer A B C but the TRIGGER layer gate, accent and roll I am not so sure about. Would I push trigger layer gate "A" on then hit steps 1-16 to turn gate on or off on each step? Forgive my lack of knowledge but how is gate different from lenght ??? Also I remeber somewhere that TK mentioned something about fixed layer selections i.e only note-note-note, or only note-cc-cc ect.. for the A, B and C buttons? Is it still this way? I would like to have them all and adjust them for each track as need be. Can the CC#s be changed for the layers? Thanks for geting back to me moxi.

Parameter and Trigger Layers are described in the User Manual, search for "Track Event Page" and "Trigger Assignments Page".

Assignments can be configured for each track seperately.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but how is gate different from lenght

E.g., to control notes of a lead or pad sound, you want to vary the length. To control drums or percussive sounds instead, you prefer to control the gate, and use a parameter layer for a different purpose.

I would like to have them all and adjust them for each track as need be

You select the event mode as required

Can the CC#s be changed for the layers?

For sure

Best Regards, Thorsten.