MB-6582 Sequencer trouble

LaRssA

Hi!

My MB-6582 are unable to recieve MIDI from any sequencer.

It plays perfectly when I try to run the MIDI-cable directly from a controller, but it won't play

from any software. Is there anything I need to enable on the MB-6582?

I've tried running MIDI from Logic 8, Sibelius and Live, and will try from Pro Tools trough my Digidesign card later today. (tried running trough a MIDI-controller and a TerraTec card without success)

Fast help is much wanted, cause I plan to use it on my keyboard-exam on friday :P

Fast help is much wanted, cause I plan to use it on my keyboard-exam on friday :P

Hah I hope that's a joke!

Have you done the midi troubleshooting guides? How'd you upload the app if it doesn't receive midi from the PC?

I hope it's OK, I changed the topic, because yours made it sound like a problem with the sequencer in the app...

Can you describe the situation a little better? Some of it was confusing, like this:

It plays perfectly ... directly from a controller

. (tried running trough a MIDI-controller ... without success)

no, that is not a joke ;)

ok, I uploaded the firmare a while back, and everything seemed ok.

I don't remember if I tried running any sounds from an external sequencer or not at the time, but like now - if I connect a keyboard, it plays perfectly. But if I try to connect it to a MIDI interface (the same one I used to upload the firmware), it doesn't respond to MIDI-data at all. I tried playing notes, and program changes from the programs mentioned above.

So that's why I think it's weird... If it recieves midi from a sequencer, it doesn i't work, but when I play on it directly from a controller (USB MIDI-keyboard, or a synth etc.), it plays, and changes program number...

Sorry for the bad info... Please let me know if there are anything else you need to know..

I am at the moment running SIDv2RC17 (I know it's not the newest, but I'll try an update later today if I still can't get it to play from a sequencer).

hehe... it's not a dumb question :P

but yes, I have checked the channels. I tried sending the MIDI globally, on all outputs, and all channels.

The first pair of SIDs on the MB-6582 should recieve on ch.1.

If I connect a controller directly, I can only get it to play if the SID is set to ch.1

(I guess I can change on the controller to mach, though...)

I will try on a different system now and make an update..

The fact that the MB-6582 is working with a keyboard means there's nothing wrong with the MB-6582... You'll need to prove your MIDI interface is working on your PC, like perhaps try MIOS Studio, try uploading the latest firmware, etc.

It could be something like another application has locked (or is interfering with) the MIDI interface and all the other sequencer applications cannot output anything.... or maybe the driver for your MIDI interface is broken.

Or you could just have MIDI In and MIDI Out cables accidentally swapped  ;D

ok, it worked on the other system running Pro Tools.

I also tried with Logic on that computer, and that also worked. But somehow, the connections aren't named the same. (Port 3 (Control) worked in PT, and Port 1 worked in Logic, without changing any wiring. Port 1 is normally an in-port on the 003R).

On the interface I plan on using (I have a 002R, but it's SO DAMN HEAVY!! :P), I only have one input and one output. But what if those are changed too? I only get one instance of my card, so it must be my input and output that is mixed up... I can't think of anything else. I'll try with a midi-monitor to see what happens after lunch...