LCD - Midibox64

zero

Hi,

I bought almost all the components to start building the midibox64 low-cost. I don´t understand about LCD display and also forgot to read the lcd module(web). I bought one that i found on the store cause i thought that could be any one. So, i´d like to know if i can use this lcd that i bought (code: FDCC1602E1660Y) with the PIC18F452. I read today the LCD module but i didn´t understand.

but this LCD is 16 Characters X 2 Lines?  :'( :'( :'(

Well, a Diesel engine is a car engine and still you can't fill it up with regular gas.

I don't know if that controller is compatible with the drivers supplied with MIOS. Why don't you just try it out?

You can definitely use that LCD, but you might not want to if it requires writing a custom driver.

I´d like to try but i have afraid to make something wrong, so i´m trying to find the exactly components that fit in the order list. I tried to make some experience with some components ago and got it crashed so... But i think that this lcd fit.

well the datasheet looks very much like it's compatible. I didn't compare all the comand codes, but at least you can't damage it by connecting it like a HD44780. So just wire it up, your chances of making something wrong are not higher than with any other display :)

S