Thorsten, I need your help about LCD...

pilo

I own a KS0103/KS0104 LCD display... I've got the datasheet for them... but I can't use them... I look at the datasheet of the KS0107/KS0108 (which work with MIOS, don't they?) and they seems to be "brother"... Do you think I will be able to use my LCD with MIOS?

www.eio.com/ks0103.pdf

I can't find the link to the KS0104 datasheet but I've go it...

Hi Pilo,

Jack sent me a KS0104 based display some time ago, but I wasn't able to write a driver because of a incomplete spec.

Later I realized that such kind of displays will eat so much performance, that they cannot be used with a single chip. A second PIC will be required with a tricky firmware which emulates a KS0108 protocol or something similar. Too much effort for me (yet), so: forget this display :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... sorry to bother you again with this Thorsten... But, I have a look at schematic, get the wiring of my display (which require a controller). I think I can try to make something with this, my only problem is that I don't really know how I can wire this to ths PIC. Using another pic is not a problem! I've got some programming skill and I think if I know how to display one pixel on the display, I will be able to make everything with it (I've already work with PC vga card, in asm... a long time ago!). So if you can give me a little help (I think with KS0103 and KS0104 pdf it will be easy) I would continued alone, and see if I can do something with it or not...

Thanks!  ;)

• 4 years later...