V3 Bugs

dcer10

I know this is not the best way to describe a topic like this, but I have found several instances of graphical corruption on my V3 seq (that never used to happen on V2 on the same hardware). Its always been when going from a menu page to another menu page, some of the text from a previous page will land up transposed one way or another "over" the actual menu page. Going into edit mode will clear the corruptions.

I have no method of reliable reproduction but I have seen it 5-6 times now and will try to replicate and document next time it happens.

Its not a really bad functional problem, just doesn't feel as nice as it could.

Thats strange, I haven't noticed this while testing/using different MBSEQ hardwares in the past.

From the SW point of view, there is no reason why the LCDs shouldn't be refreshed completely (both screens are refreshed periodically). Therefore more input to replicate this issue would be really helpful.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

I have had some strange redraw issues as well, I'm not by my sequencer at the moment but from memory it mainly happened when in the Utility page using functions like Copy/Move steps. I think I would hold down the move button, then use an encoder to move the step. When I let go of the move button the utility page would be redrawn as though everything had moved 50 percent to the left and scrambled! Once I left the utility page all was fine again. All other functions on the box are fine....

Oh and while we are talking about strange issues (without wanting to hijack)

I have had some weirdness when I have selected more than one track and then changed the length (of the pattern i.e. number of steps). Again this is all from memory but I think what happened is that the pattern only played the 1st 16steps, even though the display said the pattern had 32 steps. I'm not sure if that makes sense, I can try to replicate the problem over the weekend if it helps...

But, just in case you think I'm being critical, I still have to say that the SEQ is my absolute favourite tool in the studio these days (well that and the Capybara!!), TK you are the man :-)

D

ps I think I currently have mios 1.9e rather than 1.9f installed, not sure if that matters...

Interesting... Would you guys be able to try this:

Find a way to replicate the fault

Reload the latest MIOS and MBSEQ firmwares (MIOS Studio/Smart Mode/Wait for upload request)

See if you can still replicate

Intermittent faults are teh suck. Good luck guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to find that it happens from the random page quite a bit after hitting generate, it clears back to normal when you navigate away from the screen. Only the left lcd is effected. I took a screen grab (haha!) with my camera, will upload tonight.

I had uploaded MIOS and the seq app again and it still happened.

Hehe,

I can't read the display - it's too small in the small version and too large to fit on my screen when expanded (plus, I hate scrolling sideways because that means I need to adjust the vertical scrollbar up and down, back and forth). Couldn't you just downsize that picture to something like 600x480 pixels? Also saves bandwidth...  ::)

Best regards, ilmenator

I used the quickzoom addon to get around that but yeh it could be smaller :) (damn you and your nice camera!)

That's a bit strange mate, it doesn't look like software cause it's really random, like, it clears some parts of the line and not others. Don't suppose you've tried switching screens?

Since the last release in January some internals have been changed, it could also be that it is related to a temporary glitch caused by a buggy driver. I tried the old v3.2c, but I'm still not able to reproduce this, but I must also say that I only tried it for 2 minutes.

Maybe it's faster if you just try this one:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox_seq_v3_2d.zip

It's a snapshot of the current development version.

Complete ChangeLog:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/log.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v3%2F&rev=0&sc=0&isdir=1

Best Regards, Thorsten.