Schematic's made by TK

Bigstone

Just being a bit curious, what schematic capturing program is TK using, Eagle or is it still the XCircuit? Really like the way the schematics are made.

I'm using Eagle (freeware version) now as a newbie but the schematic's are at the level of functional diagrams, you will not see a DIL package just the "correct schematic" version of an 74HC165 as an ex. .

With the IC package in front of you it's much easier to have an overview.

Perhaps that is possible with Eagle but I don't know how to. Suggestions?

(Also trying to learn EDWin at work but it constantly lacks of some very common components that you have to create on your own. This is verry rare in Eagle.  ;)  )

As far as I know, TK's using XC still. He doesn't build PCBs from a schematic... I think you already know this though, going from what you said.

This is slightly off-topic, but as a preference to stealing eagle (which sadly a lot of people do), I'm pimping kicad these days ;)

Another recommendation is Target. The only limitation of the free version is that you cannot make drawings or PCBs with more than 250 pins/pads. In the German computer magazine c't there once was a version that has the limit raised to 400 pins/pads. That's what I am using since two months or so, and so far it's great!

Best regards, ilmenator

As far as I know, TK's using XC still. He doesn't build PCBs from a schematic... I think you already know this though, going from what you said.

This is slightly off-topic, but as a preference to stealing eagle (which sadly a lot of people do), I'm pimping kicad these days ;)

Not to offtopic the thread, but I'm using the non profit version of eagle now.  Doesn't really cost much and I actually am not making a profit.