Status of asm compilation on Mac OSX?

8O

Hi there,

Thanks to the forum I can successfully compile C applications using Xcode on OSX (well, the skeleton code, at least). But now I want to edit the lcd_interconnection_test_v1a code to customise it a little to my tiny LCD. As far as I see lcd_interconnection_test_v1a is written just in asm - at least there's only a main.asm, no main.c.

So I was wondering what is the latest status on compiling assembly code on OSX (ideally via Xcode IDE)? Can it be done?

The wiki talks a lot about C-applications, but when I tried following the same example for skeleton_v1_9a then I can never get it to work. Same environment and script files as the successful sdcc_skeleton_v1_9c yields:

gpasm -c  -DDEBUG_MODE=0 -DSTACK_HEAD=0x37f -DSTACK_IRQ_HEAD=0x33f -I mios_wrapper mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm -o _output/mios_wrapper.o

user_vectors.inc:13:Error [131] Processor type is undefined.

user_vectors.inc:15:Error [131] Processor type is undefined.

<repeat for a few 100 lines  :( >...

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers to wiki pages I've missed.  ;)

hmm no answer for this yet.  The question sounds familiar, but a search I did when I had the problem didn't turn up any results.

It sounds like the skeleton needs a definition somewhere that defines which processor type to build for.  In a makefile maybe?

For what it's worth, I use OSX too and I ran into a similar situation with one of the apps (can't remember which one though).  But nearly every other app I've built has worked just fine.  I have been using only the example apps so far and it's been working great.

Meanwhile the approach to compile applications has been completely overworked, so that it works flawlessly under all operating systems. Maybe I should reserve this weekend for a complete re-release of all applications - it will simplify a lot of thinks (and some Wiki pages always refer to the new methods)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks Narwhal - so maybe I'll build some other example apps and see if they give me some hints. Sounds like it should work in theory...

Thanks Thorsten - looking forward to the new info...

:)

• 1 month later...