I popped my midibox cherry!

frailn

Thanks! I managed to get one SID module running and was playing my first MIDI file through a 6582A using Sony Acid Pro last night. I chose the background music from Super Mario (the old NES version) from the underground levels. Sounded sweet for the first test run! Well, any MIDI file sounds sweet the first time you hear it coming from your first DIY synth. I also built my first bankstick. It was nice to watch the progress of the patch uploads on the LCD.

I ran into several issues before I actually heard sound coming from the SID. Thank goodness every single issue I hit was documented on this forum, ucapps.de or the wiki. I can't thank TK and all the other midiboxers enough for taking the time to document all of this. And special thanks to Wilba for running the SID Mega-Sales! That 6582A sounds sweet! This the first time I've ever heard a SID output sound with no audible background noise.

Can't wait to build my second SID module next weekend, and a control surface after that....then figure out how I'm going to case this thing. I was going to use my geiger counter, but after playing with the SID synth last night and this morning, I'm thinking I need to go for a larger control surface than that geiger can provide.

This makes my Prophet64 look like a Speak-n-Spell. You guys rock!