2x MB's 1x LCD?

LO

'ello

Any info on how I might do the following would be appreciated. In one box I have a MB64 & also a MB_SID but only room for one LCD, I would like to be able to switch between the modules (would be nice but does not need to be a "hot" swap)

The MB64 is connected to the LCD and the "data" lines from the SID could be connected to the lcd but diconnected by a switch?

Which wires going to the LCD from the modules do I need to have it switchable?

Does this make sence? ???

LO

The LCD bus isn't multimaster capable, the only way would be to switch between all data and control lines (=11 signals) with a bidirectional switch (since the data bus goes to both directions) --- too difficult :-/

But for the records: one of the next MIOS examples will demonstrate how to use the new "customized LCD" driver (app_lcd.inc) to send all messages which are normaly printed on a LCD via MIDI to another MIDIbox in order to share a LCD.

The "app_lcd.inc" file can be linked into any MIOS application. Only the application which displays the messages must be prepared for this capability (like MIDIbox LC), it has to provide a function which switches between different display buffers.

I know that this isn't the answer which you want to hear, but it's just an inspiration for a possible solution which works w/o problems.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey thanks for the reply

I'll try and hold out...... at the moment im opening the case up and unpluging/pluging the LCD every time I wish to switch!

As far as the MB_link goes Im having some trouble with random data showing up in midi ox i.e when the boxes are connected seperately they are working well but when I connect via MB_link and turn a knob the data looks pretty good in midi-ox except for a random note or two showing up. ill try and do some screen dumps later

Also TK did you ever have any luck getting V-midi-box to work with MB_link?

TIA

LO

But for the records: one of the next MIOS examples will demonstrate how to use the new "customized LCD" driver (app_lcd.inc) to send all messages which are normaly printed on a LCD via MIDI to another MIDIbox in order to share a LCD.

Nice!!! :)

Thanks TK