Reformat the Planet - 8-bit Documentary

Smithy

I found this while i was searching for a documentary on the Sid Chip, to see if such a thing existed,

I've been thinking of doing one myself the last few weeks

- well more of  "a history of" the sid chip, and an informative technical demo of the synthesis capabilities of the chip,

to educate people what it is and what it can do. If anyone is doing something similar or interested in helping out in any way,

sure get in contact. Im not working or in college so have plenty of spare time on my hands.  :P

According to wikipedia the sid gets a mention in this docutmentary:

http://www.2playerproductions.com/video/rftp/

Has anyone seen this documentary? Yatagatsu in paticular? It was showcased in texas this year.

At the moment only the trailer and 3 clips have been released.

it's great!  you can watch it here.  although, the SID only really does get "mentioned" and there is no background on the SID.  it's more like a name drop.

Aha! Thanks for the link buhler!  ;D

How can you have an 8-bit documentary without giving

the best 8-bit analogue synth chip ever made, a proper tribute!

I guess the Nintendo Famicon being more widely known today has a lot to do with it!

I think its time to show the world the power of sid!

I think its time to show the world the power of sid!

i'm all for this man!!  i'd love to see a documentary on the SID and Bob Yannes and even the technology that was out at the same time in competition for various micro-computers etc...  keep us posted!

i'm all for this man!!  i'd love to see a documentary on the SID and Bob Yannes and even the technology that was out at the same time in competition for various micro-computers etc...  keep us posted!

Haha cool! It wont be as great as that im afraid, more of a breakdown of the features of the chip,

and the history will be of what i can piece together from wikipedia, and that in depth SID page!

I wont be flying over to Mr. Yannes to interview him unfortuneatly!

But hey at least its a start, maybe it will inspire someone to do a professional docu on the sid or something!