MIDIBox CV Mono mode

whomper

First, sorry about posting on this board, I could not find a Midibox CV usage board...

When working in Mono mode for a channel, pressing and holding one key, and then pressing another key (while the first one is being held) does not produce a new Gate trigger. From my experience with Mono mode, each and every key press will trigger a new Gate event even if other keys are still being held.

Is there some configuration I am missing?

So, it behaves like Legato mode?

This re-trigger in mono mode is quite short (ca. 1 mS), it could be that your analog synth doesn't get it. There is currently no possibility to increase the delay of the re-trigger event

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...
This re-trigger in mono mode is quite short (ca. 1 mS), it could be that your analog synth doesn't get it. There is currently no possibility to increase the delay of the re-trigger event

Just an (unfinished) idea:

If the synth won't get this short trigger, maybe a "analog" solution may help.

What about this:

Put the trigger signal in an op (wired as impendance follower) to stabilize it and then make it a bit longer. Don't know how. Maybe just with a cap/resistor  (mabe in combination with a 74HC00) at the output of the impendance follower.

As said. Just a quick idea.

greets

Doc