GM5 with Windows 2000 - is it possible?

TheAncientOne

I finished my first couple of the GM5 interfaces. Testing with an XP laptop shows they work OK.

Then I tried under Windows 2000, (my main machines run this due to the fact that they are a) Old, and b) need to be compatible with certain clients).

Plug in Module, get the "Found New Hardware", then "Ploytec USB" bit, then when it's about to go and search for a device driver, I get an alarming spontaneous reboot.

Tried this with 3 different machines, all with Win 2K, though as a common factor, all have different AsusTek motherboards. Same each time.

Is this a message from Bill saying 'Upgrade' ?

Has a more advanced MIDI system ever been done for Win 2000?

Has anybody seen any marbles aound here?

Thanks

I will inform Ploytec about this issue

It sounds familar to me - MBHP_USB had a similar problem with Win2k, and I solved this by changing the Descriptors.

Which reminds me, that you could do following test:

You could program a new configuration into a 24C04 EEPROM with this application:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fmbhp%2Fmbhp_usb_gm5_eeprom%2F

In eeprom_content.c, change USE_AC_INTERFACE to 0, thereafter recompile the application, and upload it to a core module where the EEPROM is connected like a common BankStick

On your GM5 board, open the J1/J2/J3 junctions by scratching them away with a screwdriver. Now your GM5 should read the EEPROM configuration once USB is connected.

Best Regards, Thorsten.