Easy External Power Pupply

guiseppi

Simply to the point:

Any old Amiga PSU.

The Amiga PSU puts out 5v and -12v / +12v at totally over adequate ratings for the MBFM.

It would be fine for even a highly expanded version.

A bit chunky.

You won't find the square DIN socket easily either unless removed from an Amiga.

Just lop the end off and put on your own type of connectors.

I just bought one in a lot with three joysticks, but really only wanted two of the joysticks.

I will use the PSU in another project though if working..

A Kempston Competition Pro 5000 (my favourite joystick ever, for emulators) a Konix Speedking (another highly reputed stick) and another very obscure thing I can't find any info on at all. I will make a PS/2 or USB keyboard interface to convert these joysticks into keyboard keypress emus, for emus ;)

http://www.ko-gathering.com/wiki/index.php?title=Joysticks

Sidetracked ;)

Just a thought as I'm sure an Amiga PSU is not hard to find and is much less hassle than other methods.

External PSU will also allow more compact designs to a degree.

oh guiseppi, you're always coming to my rescue!! ;D  if this works, it will solve my problem with finding PSU's for the MBAY and FM!  i don't have an amiga and i sure as hell wouldn't retire it if i did but i'm sure i can find PSU's somewhere...  would this PSU be the A500/1200 variety?

According to this link:

http://www.hardwarebook.info/Amiga_500/600/1200_Power_Supply

There are 4 types for A500/600/1200.

I only mentioned this in case someone has one lying around gathering dust or can get one.

There are less of these floating around the second hand market than C64 PSU's.

A C64 PSU would work well too, with less voltage (+/- 9v reg. or so from a voltage doubler) and I don't think that would make any noticeable difference.