gm5 troubles - eeprom

ultra

i'm trying to use gm5 with the eeprom.  i've grounded the 3 jumpers, plus pin 10 of the gm5 chip (i have the first pcb), and loaded the data into the eeprom as it is on the svn.  when i plug it in, windows found new hardware says "ploytec gm5 www.midibox.org" or something like that.  i believe that before the eeprom was in, it said "ploytec gm5 II".  anyway, the software, by default, appears to be set up for 3 sets of midi i/o, but i still get 5.  also, they have the generic label of "usb audio device".  is there something i've missed?  i would like to take this down to 3 sets of i/o.

thanks,

ultra

About the label of "USB Audio Device", that may be from your OS. The interface MUST present itself as "Class 1, Subclass 3" or it will not be handled as a USB MIDI interface. "Class 1" is Audio Class, "Subclass 3" is MidiStreaming.

Regarding changing the number of ports, where do I look to see the code? maybe I can see something that will help.

LyleHaze

• 1 year later...

LH:

it does receive midi data, and any program recognizes them as midi i/o.

here's the link, thanks!

http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios&path=/trunk/mbhp/mbhp_usb_gm5_eeprom/

Allthough quiet late to reply here... I programmed an eeprom for my GM5 yesterday and recognized two things that might be troublesome during this process.

1) You must set the jumpers / cut the traces to open J1, J2 and J3 to make number of MIDI connectors to be set by eeprom. This is not mentioned in the redme file for the eeprom software but it is in the schematic for the GM5.

2) When installing the device in os x it showed up as the old device with the old name and the old number of ports. Ejecting, deleting and reinserting the device fixed this. If used together with another GM5 module I found out that changing product ID makes it unique.