I hope I blew only the AMPs (again)

napierzaza

I've been having trouble with my FM for some time, I had recently found out that my partially rectified current was not really working well (I thought it might have been adding noise, not to mention not being able to plug into a mixing board). So I decided to build a new PSU that used 9v regulators. Unfortunately though, I think that I blew my amps by just plugging in the 9+,gnd,-9 to my fm board; which ended up making my AMPs really hot.

Sooooo, once my new board was built (& tested for voltage as it had been before it plugged it in) my FM no longer makes any noise, not even the scratchy noise it made before.

Is just plugging in the bipolar supply a bad idea for the circuit? Does it somehow need the 5v to keep it from exploding or something? My CS and LCD and everything still come on and I can still upload midi.

Aargh,

No sound still, and the first pair of amps are getting hot for no reason.

I tried to other amps and they're not working either.

+-8 volts is okay right? I remember hearing that once and it works better with the transformer I have.

Is there a decent way to test the Amps and or the rest of the circuit? I want to know if I need to replace the amps or just re-seat the smd.

• 2 weeks later...