Lake Butler Midimitigator

Austin73

Probably not in the right section so please feel free to move it somewhere

I have the odd one or two mitigators and must say its a blinding piece of kit. Pretty much a midi keyboard in a floorboard! Does pretty much anything you ask and more.

But here's the question - I recently had one blown up by a "friend" - I think he might have zapped the eprom but don't know how to check. I just wondered if anybody was capable of cloning this device so its not lost for ever. I have 2 working ones that could be used to donor the information.

Any serious guys out there can email me direct.

Cheers

Austin

I've used this one to read & burn some old eeproms for my Linndrum & Drumtraks... these models might (or might not) apply to you.

You might need to erase the eeprom fist tho..

To be honest, eeproms are pretty tough little nuggets, and I've never had anything go faulty through one of them going bad (but your experience might differ)

http://business.shop.ebay.com.au/items/Business-Industrial__willem_W0QQLHQ5fAvailToZ15QQQQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_fromfsbZQQ_sacatZ12576QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282?_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Thanks for the input so far. Not sure what happened to the controller - I'm guessing its he eprom as the display is not showing  ASCII just odd dashes etc. The machine was there to get a new power supply - they have 2 x 9v AC for some reason so thought he might have fried it when he had it open, but like I said no idea yet.

Will keep you posted when I get my multimeter etc