GM5 LED Question

mr_DK

Hello,

I recently bought some GM5 boards to make 2 units for my PC, one board with 10 MIDI in and one board with 10 MIDI outs.

I bought the little PCB's and I want to create the breakout board. But I had a few little questions about that:

The only LED that is on the GM5 PCB is this the USB status LED?

Does anyone has a simple schematic for led drivers so I can connect a LED to each midi port? I wanted to know this things before I order the front panels. I just finished the design.

Curious about the comments...

Thanks!

Best regards

Hans

PS I'm also working on a MIDI router, which will be posted soon, and a MBLC. I hope that I can tell you more about them soon.

4433_GM5_Render_pngdb4aeffbfbb506bbc5f9c

4435_GM5_Render2_png76b182f8752a55e7d5ba

4433_GM5_Render_pngdb4aeffbfbb506bbc5f9c

4435_GM5_Render2_png76b182f8752a55e7d5ba

The midibox LTC has a LED driver on it so you can check out that schem at ucapps.de. What I did in the gm5x5x5 was to simply use an inverter (74HC14) to buffer the signal and the (the schem for that is linked to from a thread in the forum, search for "midi splitter").

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry about the stupid question, it was quite logic that the LTC module contained a nice and clear LED buffer.

So only the last question remains, (I hope I don't start to get on your nervs...) is the only LED on the GM5 PCB monitoring the USB status? (just to be sure, so I can order the panels at schaeffer)

Thanks again!!

Best,

Hans