external 8x BankStick possible?

rosch

hi! i have got a special BankStick- pcb from mike's with room for the full load of 8 eeproms. but there's no room for mounting holes so i had the thought to put it in a simple little case.

can someone tell me if it is possible to have 8 BankStick eeproms on an external PCB (and 8 inside the SIDV2) so you could swap the memory of 8 eeproms (with a switch for example) ?? has someone already done this?

Yes you can do that. Yes, it's been done. Most people prefer small DSUB9 style jacks for that though. I mounted banksticks in USB jacks, which are nice and easily un/pluggable before.

It is kinda pointless for a sid as 7 banksticks (+1 for ensembles) give you a max of 896 patches already.

It doesn't matter which are stuffed... you might want to connect it to the last bank used for patches (address=6, bank G) as the one at address 7 is used for ensembles. I don't think it's worth it. Swappable banksticks were useful when only one bankstick could be used. Now you can have up to eight, so there's no need, unless you want to quickly move patches between two MB-SIDs, and even this is more conveniently done through the patch editor or even SysEx dump between two MB-SIDs.