Help (gasp) (choke) :: Making a midibox with 8 sids : Wilba's MB-6582 v2 PCB

temporalnexus

I have been pouring over the wiki's and the message threads, but I have no clear pattern in my mind as to how to go about making an 8 sid midibox.

The boards from slash would seem to host 1 sid/board.  Although theoretically I could cram 8 sid boards in an enclosure, I have to confess that the simplicity and elegance of having a single board that can host 8 sids is much more attractive, and would be easier to build and mount.

Is there a source for the PCB that will host 8 sids, or a gerber file, or a (cough) eagle file (I dislike Eagle, but I will suffer through it if need be)?

Any specific pointers to relevant web pages would be appreciated.

Yes, I can google, and I can read and dig through obfuscated databases of midibox information, but having a better bearing through the maze of the immensity of the midibox forest would be highly advantageous.

Thanks in advance.

-TemporalNexus

???  ???  ???

The boards from slash

hehe.. I never knew the Gun's & Roses ex Guitarist was making PCBs??? Is there anything he can't do?

Lame jokes by me aside, welcome aboard..

If you wan't to make a big SID synth with 8 Sids, then you best get the PCB's from "Smash" or here

http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/buy.html

Check out the 6582 Base board + CS board + base parts kit..

Please note, that this parts DO NOT include the SID's or the enclosure or the front face... (Search for Wilba's group buy for SID's) and no control surface parts... I got my tact switches + LED's + LCD + diodes all off ebay... but after that I made a whole new control surface...

Seriously tho... read read read read the 6582 Wiki page.. it's all in there.

Regards

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

I guess somehow I missed noticing the mainboard as it didn't have pictures.

I know.  I am without hope.

In any case, thanks for the pointers/advice.

It's not just you.  I've ordered stuff from Smash's site before (what a godsend- thanks SmashTV!) and was looking all over for the MB-6582 boards and missed them also.  I thought the Wiki posts were old or something.  Then I saw this recent thread and checked again and duh, there they were.  I guess I just needed a good night's sleep... :-)