Sequencer Menu Funktion / ... ???

tongenerator

There is something wondering in the MIDI Box Sequenzer 3...

When you press once the "Menu" button, nothing will happen, unless

you do a combination of holding the "Menu" Button and select one of the GP Buttons...

this function is good, so you can directly jump to the wanted Menu...

So now when you are inside of one submenu and press the "Exit" button you will

not come to the last screen where you where... you get an "Menu" Menu with

a list of all Menus...

i dont know, if i explained it enough clear...

i think it would be better, that you press once the "Menu" Button to get into the

Menu list... And when pressing "Exit" i schould get out, and get the last Menu where i startet

of, or when you are inside the Menu List, the Exit Button schould leave the Menu list.

Maybe i can make a Video to show what i mean, if it is not understood what i mean :)

There's actually nothing wrong.

That "Menu" button you describe is actually the "Quick Menu" button.

It is meant to work that way to quickly access 16 menu pages.

And the "exit" button is also meant to work that way.

But I admit the naming is a bit unclear.

The alternative you propose won't really work with the menu design of the MBSeq, since there is only one Menu level.

"the Exit Button schould leave the Menu list" - you leave the menu list by selecting the current menu page with the "exit" button.

Thanks Stuart - yes, thats the concept.

i think it would be better, that you press once the "Menu" Button to get into the

Menu list... And when pressing "Exit" i schould get out, and get the last Menu where i startet

of, or when you are inside the Menu List, the Exit Button schould leave the Menu list.

In MBSEQ V4, there are some optional "button behaviour" flags:

// Toggle behaviour of various buttons
// 0: active mode so long button pressed
// 1: pressing button toggles the mode
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_FAST   1
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_ALL    1
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_SOLO   1
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_METRON 1
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_SCRUB  0
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_MENU   0
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_STEPVIEW 0
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_TRG_LAYER 0
#define DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_PAR_LAYER 0
[/code]

With DEFAULT_BEHAVIOUR_BUTTON_MENU set to 1 you will get your recommented behaviour.

Initially I only added this for the emulation, as it isn't possible to click&hold this button with the mouse, while moving to a GP button to click it as well (typical issue when using a mouse, and the reason why we prefer real hardware ;))

With the real frontpanel, mode 0 is much better, as it allows you to browse through the menu pages quickly.

E.g., Press & Hold the MENU button, press GP button 1, 2, 3, ... --- you will select the appr. menu so long MENU is pressed. This allows you to find a menu page if you don't know the GP button number anymore (or if your frontpanel has no additional menu page labels below the GP buttons).

With your proposed behaviour, this quick browsing through the pages wouldn't be possible anymore. You would have to click on the MENU button again and again to change the page, which is cumbersome and time consuming.

Another hint: by pressing the EXIT button you will get a menu which allows to access *all* pages, even the hidden ones (e.g. Formatting BankSticks)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: it isn't possible to add the same behaviour flag to MBSEQ V3, since the firmware would have to be overworked at many places. But I guess that you will like the current implementation anyhow - sooner or later ;)