samples PIC18F4685

kroutshev

what about using some of these funny colored paper things people are referring to as "money"? :P if you can't afford a few PICs, how do you intend to finance the rest of your Midibox?

Microchip has obviously stopped offering free samples to many countries because this service was abused by hobbyists. Sample programs are intended as a service to (commercial or educational) customers who will on the long run decide to use some of their products commercially (i.e. in volume) because MCP was nice and helpful to them. As soon as 95% of the sample "customers" are hobbyists who want to save a few bucks while at the same time making MCP pay international postage fees and logistics, I can definitely understand why they changed their policy...

S

It's not a problem of money seppoman, i ask this because you can have samples where you are in US. Perhaps there's another site where we could have some.

No problem i'll call tomorow µchip in France to have their answer.

if you can't afford a few PICs, how do you intend to finance the rest of your Midibox?

Of course Seppoman that i can buy them !!

It's not a problem of money seppoman

Then buy them. Period. SmashTV sells them, microchipdirect sells them, a bunch of other stores sell them as well: http://octopart.com/info/Microchip/PIC18F4685-I/PT

i ask this because you can have samples where you are in US.

Seppoman is in Germany.

Perhaps there's another site where we could have some.

If money is not the issue then just buy them ffs.

general misunderstanding here. Just to clear that up:

What kroutshev wanted to say was:

"i ask this because you one can have samples where you are in US."

meaning: If you are in the US, you can sample them. I guess the sentence had nothing to do with seppoman