A few n00b doubts about controlling MIDIbox FM =)

marcustiso

Hi everyone! First of all, sorry me for my bad english and my n00b questions.  :-[

I'm flerting with midibox a few times and now I have felt courage to make one. But I've a lot of doubts, hehehe... My intention with MIDIbox FM is to use in my keyboard module rack with my progressive rock band, but I didn't see anything about MIDI In or Out connector in the projects.

So, my doubts is:

• How do you control the MIDIbox Fm?
  • There's some MIDI connectors in the MIDIbox that I didn't see in te projects pages?
  • Can I control MIDIbox with an external MIDI controller (such as an advanced M-AUDIO or a cheap keyboard with MIDI ports)?
  • I its possible, all the parameters of MIDIBox is accessible with the midi controller?
  • There's some project about a MIDIBox FM Keyboard?

I like the philosophy of DIY and open source, one of my keyboards have an Ubuntu fix and now I would like to enter in the stages with a DIY FM MIDI module. :D

If I can build this, I will record the debut album of my band with the MIDIBox in my setup. It will makes me wondering. ;)

Hi everyone! First of all, sorry me for my bad english and my n00b questions.  :-[

Welcome aboard marcustiso :D

but I didn't see anything about MIDI In or Out connector in the projects.

Seriously? Virtually all the projects  are driven by a core module, which has a midi In and Out: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_core.html

How do you control the MIDIbox Fm?
By MIDI and the optional control surface.

There's some MIDI connectors in the MIDIbox that I didn't see in te projects pages?

Yes.

Can I control MIDIbox with an external MIDI controller (such as an advanced M-AUDIO or a cheap keyboard with MIDI ports)?

Yes. It is controlled via CC and SysEx.

I its possible, all the parameters of MIDIBox is accessible with the midi controller?

There's a mbFM patch editor for JSynthlib as described here: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_fm.html

There's some project about a MIDIBox FM Keyboard?

Well, all you'd need to do is hook up the output of any MIDI keyboard to the MIDI In of the core module and you've got one :-)

Hope that helps!