Guitar A/D as pitch source for SID

usdogi

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, but have been watching for a while. I'd like some insight over the idea of controlling the pitch of the SID with my bass guitar, what's the way to go after the initial A/D step, and what should I look for, as I don't need MIDI notes, but rather the synth sound for further manipulation. I'm thinking of something similar to EHX's HOG, and after an envelope filter, like the EHX Bass Micro Synth with the SID as the sound generator.

Thanx,

UriSh

There have been a few bit's of kit over the years that have done "pitch to Midi conversion" as this will probably be the way to go..

(As the SID is under digital control)

I'd be doing a big google and ebay search for these.. Roland sure has put out a few 1RU bit's of kit that did this.. I think Korg did a few as well.

Do note though, unless you get one of those roland modules with the hex pickups for your guitar that can do full polyphonic conversion, you will be limited to monophonic conversion etc.

The DIY route for monophonic conversion  m i g h t  be a possibility, but I recon it'll be a tricky road, as this has always be difficult thing to do accurately.

It would be pretty cool to control a SID from your axe, good luck.

Regards

Mike

Im currently putting a midi system into my guitar. i decided to go for the graphtech ghost saddles, with the hexaphonic expander and the acoustic expander

It is more expensive than the Roland and axon midi pickups, but it has the added benefit of also having an acoustic(whats that??? i hear alot of you saying) piezo sound, and also all the equipment is barely visible. then ill get an axon midi converter, not sure if ill get the AX-100 or the AX-50 yet.

Still a while off being finished, but im hoping after its all done to build a SID to control from my guitar.