Ready to build/order stuff for my Midibox Seq

blitz_dj

Hi guys,

I've been eyeing off the midibox Seq for a long time..

Before, I wasn't really confident that I would be able to figure it out, now I am ready to go for it.. Have done some smaller electronics projects (drum machine mod, etc) and am more confident with soldering now.

Just want to check, is this the absolute complete list of things required? (besides the case)

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_v3_options.html

I'd like to buy the most complete kit possible. .had a look at a few and they seem to be missing bits,

what would you recommend? The Mikes-electronics one looks to be the most complete.

Also, if I build a v3, will it be upgradeable to v4? (Dont want to wait until v4 is out)

Thanks, and sorry for the questions. .you probably get these 100 times a week.

-gav

Look at the post 9 down from yours:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,11802.0.html

(Speaking for Wilba) It won't be going ahead until Doug's panels are ready, and Doug is sick (?) at the moment, so it's hard to tell when this will happen.

Yes, all hardware will be supported by V4 (Check out TK's demo on http://ucapps.de, that's a V4 on Wilba's control surface).

If you want to start yourself, you can buy the kits, but you will still need to do some "manual" soldering/layout on a Vero board or similar for the encoders/LCDs/switches etc.

A bit of vero is no worry..

Although the new kits would be nice, I dont want to have to wait around... Really itching to get started ASAP.

I just want to check that the parts list in my initial post is the *complete* listing, besides case.

Yep, that's it.

Note there are some additional optional "V3" features, namely:

Extra buttons (Track Group A/B/C/D, Trigger Layer A/B/C, Stepview 16-32)

Extra LEDs (As for the switches above, plus Play/Pause/Stop)

You'll notice there aren't enough DOUT pins for those extra LEDs, so you'll either need another DOUTX4 module (doesn't need to be fully stuffed) or your own solution (etch a PCB, protoboard etc.).

You'll need to slightly modify the asm code (easy, just assign pins) if you want any of these.

There's also a 64 button LED/button matrix which is "not recommended for beginners", but will require more shift registers.

I would think about getting one or two 6N138 Optocouplers as spares

(required for the midi in on core ande IIC Midi module)

they cost abou1€  and they are a common source of trouble

Just search the forum.

J was really regretting not having ordered them as spares during my SEQ project...

Be sure to order the right PIC: 18F4620

If you order at MIKE's shop do not overlook the 8xBankstick PCB

I wish you much success!

• 2 weeks later...