Best method for mounting banksticks?

unrise_lyrical

Hey all,

with my basic design I am going for (space is to a minimum) I have only ordered one bankstick 512 for now. I figure I MIGHT get another one in the future, but for now just the one shoud suffice. I was going to just mount this to a breadboad and wire this to the corresponding pins on the core module. If I want to get another one in the future, will it be possible to add this to the same breadboard and use it also? I have never used a breadboard/protoboard before so I'm a bit confused as to how they work...

You probably should get an additional 24LC256 for storing ensembles, this is an invaluable feature when switching between a Lead setup and a Bassline setup, as the ensemble stores things like keyboard range split between the left and right SIDs in Bassline mode (i.e. so you can change sequences on each channel using keys in different octaves).

You should have no problem adding additional 24LC512 to breadboard/protoboard... it really doesn't matter where you put the other chips, although most people put them side by side. 5 pins are common with the others, you only need to connect three pins to ground or 5V to set it's "ID" (see the doco for what ID you need, eg. it's basially three bits to set an ID in the range 0-7).

As a temporary solution I soldered 4 short wires to the 8-pin socket with bent legs, and on the other side I mounted a connector. It works like a charm and I can switch it really fast between cores. I think it's the easiest and quickest solution, that doesn't involve soldering your chip directly to the pins on the core module.

5067_bs_1_jpgf8da400c57b350fd96449842dda

5069_bs_2_jpg363b475a4ad165dd3fdf58ee7e7

5067_bs_1_jpgf8da400c57b350fd96449842dda

5069_bs_2_jpg363b475a4ad165dd3fdf58ee7e7