electronic marimba

syamajala

This is an idea i've had for a while, building an electronic 5 octave marimba using 2 ain boards, core, and a bunch of piezos. I don't know if this would actually work, and may in fact never construct such a device, but i figured i'd put the idea out there maybe someone else will be ambitious enough to see it through.

• Like 1

I wasn't looking for someone to do it for me, and I have actually built a 22 channel edrum on stripboard, but never fully finished it. It turns on, and the pad hits show up on the vu, but i could never get any midi data out of it. The problem with the edrum is that admir has decided to stop releasing schematics for the new versions and is only selling pcbs. I knew about the megadrum, but couldn't remember the name of it. Didn't realize it could support so many inputs.

On a side note I also have a fm that I haven't finished yet either. But if get a new lcd and some new opl3s i should be good. I think I might have destroyed the opl3s i am using right now. Hopefully this summer I should be able to finish it. I have enough on my plate as it is right now.