Panel Countersunk Screws Recommendations

jackchaos

I need to finish my panel by including 4 countersunk screw holes in the corners.

The screws will be used to mount it onto a custom wooden enclosure.

I would like the screws to be flat with the panel surface.

• I'm not sure what what type of screw hole to select in Front Panel Designer and if I'll be able to find these types at my local hardware store.
    The MB SID panel design uses DIN 74-A holes.
    Is this hole size  standard for a variety of screws I can get at my local hardware store (Lowes, Menards, Home Depot)?
  • The panel is 2.5mm aluminum.
    Instead of using wood screws, I'd like to use machine screws and find something I can insert into the wood to screw the machine screw into. Any recommendations?

Regards,

yes you can drill a hole into the wood section, then put a threadsert into the hole this is a brass serated tube with an internal thread you then get the correct length cs bolt for the thread, so you would get say an m3x1.0 cs pos or hex head screw/bolt and the insert would be a m3x1.0 threaded threadsert also there are helicoil inserts too.

ssp:

Thanks you, you suggestion will work fine for me.

I found the wood insert nuts at Lowes here:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=137379-37672-880547

And the machine screws to go along with it here (the photo is for one of another length):

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=83225-37672-881972&detail=desc&lpage=none

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how I should design the hole in FP Express based on my measurements of the actual screw, since Lowes isn't publishing detail measurements for me.

I've measured the top of the head to be 0.30 in. wide.

As for the shaft, I'd like to set it at 0.20 in wide, to allow a tiny bit of adjustment room, even though the shaft is a bit smaller than that.

________    0.3       ________
	\	  /
	 \	 /
	  |	|
___________| 0.2  |__________	

Any suggestions on how I should set the hole settings in FP Express for this screw?

Specifically, the manual sinking parameters.

As always, thanks.

Regards,